Coriander is an herb that is used by many not only does it look and smell good on your food, it also has many health benefits to offer.
– Coriander helps you digest food better. It prevents gas from forming in the stomach.
– It lowers blood sugar by stimulating insulin production.
– Coriander is a good source of magnesium, iron, calcium, phosphorous, vitamins A and C, phytonutrients and flavonoids.
– The anti-inflammatory properties of coriander help against arthritis.
– It helps in lowering the LDL levels. It also helps increase the HDL level.
– Its anti-microbial and antiseptic properties fight against all sorts of infections and ulcers. It is also useful in healing wounds.
– It helps regulate menstrual cycles properly. It is also great for obese people as it helps reduce fat resulting in weight loss.
– Coriander prevents involuntary contraction of muscles and hence as a result there are no body cramps.
– It helps in the proper functioning of the liver and helps prevent cancer
– It also prevents nausea and urinary tract infections.
More on Coriander
Discover some more health benefits of fresh coriander:
-It helps in digestion and improves cardiovascular health
-It helps in removing phlegm and reduces fever
-It is rich in essential oils, Vitamin C and 6 types of acids boost your immunity
-It is helpful in relieving heart burn, colitis and gastric formation
-It helps in lowering cholesterol and aids in weight loss
-Coriander leaves clubbed with buttermilk, cumin powder, pepper and curry leaves is a great coolant in summer.