Omelette in Spicy Tamarind Curry
This is a unique recipe. A mixture of omelettes and tamarind gravy. Eaten separately they a distinct flavour of their own, but when mixed together it forms an amazing combination.
Servings servings servings
Prep Time 45 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Passive Time 3 hours
- 6 nos Eggs
- 1 cup Thor Dhall Soaked for nearly 2-3 hours
- 12 nos Shallots
- 4 nos Green Chillies
- 15 gram Ginger
- 2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup Grated Coconut
- 1 tablespoon Bengal Gram Dhall
- 2 teaspoon red chillies powder
- 2 tablespoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 1 cup Tamarind Extract
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 2 nos Red Chillies
- 15 nos Curry Leaves
- 4 cup Water
- 1 teaspoon Asafoetida
- Add thor dhall to a mixer grinder along with Shallots, green chillies and Ginger.
- Grind to a smooth paste with as little water as possible. Keep aside.
- In a frying pan, Dry roast Bengal gram dhall and keep side.
- To the same frying pan add 1 teaspoon oil.
- Add the grated coconut and fry till brown.
- Add coriander Powder, Red Chilly Powder, Turmeric Powder and fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove from flame and allow it to cool.
- Grind the roasted ingredients to a smooth paste adding enough water.
- In a Vessel add the tamarind Extract and ground coconut masala.
- Mix more water make it to a pouring consistency.
- Add salt and asafoetida and boil the tamarind mixture for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from flame and keep aside.
- In a frying pan, heat oil. Add mustard seeds and splutter.
- Add sliced shallots and fry till brown.
- Add Red chilly and curry leaves. Fry for 1 more minute.
- Add this to the Tamarind mixture.
- Cover and keep aside.
- Take a bowl and Break the eggs into it.
- Beat the eggs well and add salt.
- Add the ground thor dhall paste and mix well.
- Heat a frying pan and pour oil.
- Pour the 2 ladles of egg mixture and cook for a minute.
- Flip over to the other side and cook till cooked and brown.
- Transfer to a plate.
- Make omelettes using the remaining egg mixture.
- Cut each omelette into 4 pieces.
Mix the Omelletes in the Gravy
- Add all the omelette pieces to the tamarind mixture.
- Let it soak for 3-4 hours.
- Omelettes in Spicy Tamarind curry is ready to serve