Avial is another vegetable dish my dad was good at preparing. This dish is also reserved for the special days.
Servings people people
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
- In a pressure cooker, add all the vegetables together being 3 cups except mango, with turmeric powder, salt and coconut oil and curry leaves and mix well and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- See that the vegetables are crisp and not soggy.
- Grind the coconut with cumin seeds green chillies and water to a coarse consistency.
- Add this to the avial with mango pieces or curd.if mango is not available.Let it boil
- Add some more coconut oil and curry leaves and remove from the the flame.
- Note. This avial is very tasty with rice and rotis.