This Chicken Curry is not spicy but very yummy. As we are all very health conscious we try to reduce the spice level as much as possible. This chicken curry recipe is that of my daughter in law, she is a good cook and definitely deserves a credit for this.Try this and let me know.
Servings People People
Prep Time 50 Minutes
Cook Time 30 Minutes
- 1 kilogram Chicken Cut into medium pieces
- 1 teaspoon Red Chilly Powder
- 2 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric Powder
- 2 teaspoon Chicken masala powder
- 2 teaspoon Garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon Ginger garlic paste
- 6 nos Onion
- 6 nos Tomato
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 tablespoon Oil
- 15 nos Curry Leaves 1 or 2 Sprigs
- 2 tablespoon Coriander Leaves Chopped finely for Garnishing
- Add chicken pieces to a vessel. Red Chilly Powder, Coriander Powder. Turmeric Powder, Chicken Masala Powder Garam masala, Turmeric powder, Ginger Garlic Paste and salt
- Mix well and keep aside.
- Marinate for an hour.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add onions and fry for a minute.
- Add Red Chilly Powder, Coriander Powder, Turmeric Powder, Chicken Masala Powder, Garam masala, Turmeric powder, Ginger Garlic Paste and salt.
- Fry till the onions becomes translucent.
- Add Tomatoes. and Cook covered for 10 minutes, stirring in between.
- After the tomatoes are fully mushy, Swich off the stove and wait for it to cool.
- Grind the cooled onion tomato mixture to a fine paste.
- Transfer the ground mixture to the frying pan.
- Boil it well.
- Now add the marinated Chicken. and Cook covered for 15-20 minutes or till the chicken is tender.
- Add salt to taste.
- Remove from flame and Garnish with Coriander Leaves.
- Serve Hot with Rice, Chapathi or Appams.