Chukku Kashayam / Dry Ginger Tea
Chukku Kashayam or Dry Ginger Tea is a herbal drink which has its origin in Kerala. It is very healthy and helps in preventing colds and coughs in children and adults alike. I learned to make this Chukku kashayam from my mother who is well versed in making herbal concoctions and various herbal mixtures for different occasions.
Servings servings servings
Prep Time 15 Minutes
Cook Time 10 Minutes
- Dry roast Raw rice, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, Ajwain, pepper, fenugreek seeds, clove and cinnamon sticks.
- Let it cool
- Powder all the ingredients in a mixer grinder to a coarse powder.
- Store in a airtight container. This will last for up to a month.
Chukku Kashayam Preperation
- Boil 2 cups water in a vessel
- After it boils add 2 teaspoon Kashaya powder, dry ginger and let it boil for 5 minutes
- Add Jaggery and lemon juice
- Strain it and kashayam is ready to drink.
- Serve Hot.
You can add salt instead of jaggery and drink. Chukku Kashayam can be used as an alternate to Coffee and Tea.