Egg Dosa is a very delicious and easy to make dish if you have the dosa batter ready. It is a full meal in itself and doesn't need an accompaniment. Can be eaten as breakfast or tea time snack.
Servings People People
Prep Time 30 Minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Passive Time 12 hours
- Grind the rice and Bengal gram dhall to a very smooth consistency.
- Transfer the batter to a vessel allowing space for the batter to ferment and rise. Store in a bigger vessel to avoid overflowing.
- Grind the black gram dhall and fenugreek seeds to a very smooth paste
- Mix with rice batter in the same vessel add required salt and mix well and cover it and leave it to ferment overnight.
- Ferment the batter for at least 6 hours. (recommended 8 hours)
- Heat a non stick dosa tawa and pour a spoon full of batter on to the tawa.
- Break open an egg and pour on top of this batter and sprinkle pepper powder and a little salt and pour some oil and wait for the dosa to cook.
- After it is cooked turn it over and cook till the other side cooks as well and transfer it to a plate.
- The fluffy and tasty egg dosa is ready to serve.